Thursday, March 8, 2007

Kuda Bux, The Man with the X-Ray Eyes




Kuda Bux (Khuda Bakshh) (1906 - February 5, 1981) was an Indian mystic and magician. Seen here performing one of his most famous tricks in which he would cover his eyes with soft dough, blindfold himself, swath his entire head in strips of cloth, and yet still be able to see.Kuda Bux was the subject of a 1950 film titled Kuda Bux, Hindu Mystic, and his apparent ability to see while blindfolded with dough strongly influenced British author Roald Dahl in the short story of Henry Sugar, who was taught to develop the same powers.
Most astoundingly, observers noted that the unblindfolded Mr. Bux required reading glasses to read fine print. Whilst blindfolded Kuda Bux would read the dates on coins which are held on a spectators hand, read the fine print of a magazine, thread a needle, duplicate words he never seen written, shoot a bulls eye with a pellet gun,and many other mysteries.


Ironically, in his later life, he lost his eyesight to glaucoma.

Wikipedia Page
IMDB Page




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I'm his grandson, I'm Fred Bux.

hooligan said...

My father was his immigration attorney in the fifties. His wife's name was Yoni & I still have the sewing machine that she gave to my parents. He performed at my birthday party in the mid-fifties.
Florence

ei dianze said...

Do either Fred or hooligan know if there was a Henry Sugar? Because of Ronald Dahl's story and Ramtha, I now can read through a deck of cards. Shuffled and face down, I can see on the back side what card is on top, turn it over and verify.

I'm not the only one. I was about the 45th person at Ramtha's School of Enlightenment to do this. It started with Kenny Thompson (http://www.spin-geek.com/home.html), who is now able to do telekenesis. Check outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NxRDgbRZ8 for RSE students reading through cards.

Khusro said...

fred,your father name is ismael narmando,and kuda bux wife named was elizibet.and kuda bux elder brother name was gulam qadir,he was a builder of shahi mosque lahore.ask ur father.

baig said...

that is right and fred i have a family photo graph coz ur grandfather was my grandfathers uncle i have all the pictures of the family just mail me at shahzaib.baig@gmail.com and i will mail u the complete family history with pictures